Sunday, March 27, 2011

Christmas 2010

So .... I am a little late with this post.  But I am still going to post because I love the idea of being able to re-read my blog 20 years from now as photo journal.  (It occurs to me that I should pray for Google - I'ma need them to stick around.)

Of course Christmas was great!  I got to see a bunch of friends and family and share with many about the past year at Beechpoint.  But I need to plan a couple of separate trips to Idaho for 2011, that trip was a bit much/long/overwhelming. :-) 
Every year me an Ilise take a new picture for a frame.  Last year's picture was, well... not our best.  So this year we made sure to plan ahead a little better.  :-)
A Jonas (2) and Merari (1) update:  growing like weeds and cute as everything!  Next time I'ma live down the street and be the once-a-month-Friday-night babysitter!
My friend Britany and her boyfriend Chad (who I am finally got to meet!)  Oh. My. Gosh.  Isn't she beautiful?!  Ridiculous. 
Christmas Eve Candlelight Service 2011.  (apparently candlelight is one word ...)  Me, Grandpa, Mom and Dad.  I'm guessing if mom tried hard enough she could find a picture from every year with this Christmas Tree in it!
This was my Christmas gift for my grandpa:  freezer meals!  It was my mom's idea and she let me have reign of the kitchen and supplied a bunch of the staples.  I put them in disposable containers and stacked them in the freezer in a random order so he wouldn't pull out the same meal 4 times in a row.  I labeled them and put re-heating instructions on the lids, since one time he microwaved a plate with raw tomatoes and cucumbers on it (bless his heart).  It's hard to know what to get him - although the real winner this year might be my Aunt and Uncle who got him an electric blanket to wear while watching TV.  He refuses to turn on the heat.  I mean, who would forfeit the joy of a $20 electric bill just to be warm?
I got to see some cousins that I haven't seen in a long time - so long that we couldn't remember the last time we got to see each other!  And I got to meet Brayden!  (Brayden, Ashley, Trista, Tawnya, Jake, Megan)
I got to see my Antoine. He's 17 now! Back when he was a little kid we used to kick it. We used to go to the movies and one time we went to a motor cross event (now you know that's love - nothin but noise and dust and payin to park at a motor cross event) and Antoine would call me lookin for rides, lol.

Keyauna (3) and Brycen (5).  I can't believe how quickly all my Idaho kids are growing up!  It's crazy to only see little kids once or twice a year! 
Shari's beautiful family after church on Sunday - Shaka, Keyauna, Shari, Ashika
Keyauna ... I mean how could this picture not make the cut?!

After my time in Boise I went to north Idaho to visit a couple of friends.  It's been a while since I was at a mountain lake ... but there is just something about being by a lake that has mountains for shores .... as soon as I saw it I just felt so ..... peaceful!  I got to visit Rachel, a friend from Bible College, and finally meet her black lab, Jericho!  It is A SHAME that we did not take a picture to document our trip! 
I also got to see Rich and Heidi and their new home.  They taught me how to play Puerto Rico (an excellent strategy board game!) and we sat around dreaming about paint colors.  I need more friends in Chicago who want to play board games!

1 comment:

  1. 1. I made the blog!

    2. You're too nice. Dad would say you need better contacts.

    3. We've never been on a family vacation anywhere (Disneyland, New York, Boston, Texas) where we HAVEN'T run in to somebody from home.

    4. You need to call me.

    5. I love you.

    ReplyDelete