Sunday, March 27, 2011

My parents came to visit me for Thanksgiving 2010! It was my mom's first time here and we had a great few days together. Lots of Settlers, food, laughs, visiting people, seeing the city, and just being together.
My parents got to meet a bunch of my kids and see a number of the different places that camp partners with in the city.  We went over to see Tamyra(10), Tavaris(12), and Tavontay(8).
Me an Miss Nakeisha (the T's mom).  We've been kickin it every other Friday night at a mom's group.  It's been nice to have extra time to chat on the way over there and back.  She gets to spend time with other mothers and I help out with the kids.
If you've never been to The Container Store I am whole-heartedly recommending it!  It is an organization lovers dream come true!  Mom wanted to go while she was here because Sarah had come home with some great treasures from her trip.  When we told Dad we might be in there for an hour or more he decided to walk down to Borders, lol.  While we were in The Container Store we ran into Randy and Beverly Stone ... from Burley, Idaho!  (that's right down the street from where we live, for those of you not from Idaho).  Randy and mom trained for the Ironman Triathlon together.  I googled it: there are less than 10,000 people in Burley.  It helps that my mom knows all of them, but still - the odds of running into 2 Burleyites in downtown Chicago just can't be that great.  This confirms what I've always suspected of my mom ... she can find someone she knows everywhere!  They were here visiting their children for Thanksgiving as well.  So of course they made a trip to The Container Store!
They got to see Jabari (14), Jabri (13), and Jireh (4).  Their grandmother made us sweet potato pies for Thanksgiving dinner!  This family has truly welcomed me with open arms, and these kids are starting to feel like they have extra grandparents! :-)  Mom brought a collection of new Adventures in Odysseys sent for the kids by the Ziulkowskis (HUGE thank you here!)  Adventures in Odyssey is a Christian radio drama series that teaches Bible stories, ethics, and things like how to be good friend.  They are hilarious and ALL my kids love them.  I have kids in my car for a minimum of 6 hours a week and often much, much more and as soon as they get in they ask for an Odyssey.  I love that it gives us something to do while we ride and prompts good conversation.  They were so excited to get new stories!
My mom and Ms. Demetrius (the JAY's mom).
Dad and Jireh.

Every time my dad comes he helps me hang things in my apartment.  My walls are kinda plastery and tricky and I am a little afraid of the drill.  He is super meticulous and everything he hangs in perfectly centered and sturdy.  I'm so thankful for the help he's given me in this area.  The pictures are grainy, but this past visit he helped hang decor in my dining room/office and in my living room.  My parents bought the square brown and and blue painting as a Christmas gift while they were here.  My whole apt feels more cozy now - thanks mom and dad!  I'm so glad you came to visit!  I've got my planner open and my pen ready ... let me know when you want to come back!

2 comments:

  1. Me again. Just want you to know how speicial your parents are. They are really a good example of what a married couple should be. I love them too as much as you and your siblings.
    I am glad they can come and see you once in a while. Love you and pray for you. Grandma Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan its so good to meet your parents at least by pics! I'm so happy they came to visit you n see how God is using your life for His kingdom! Your apt looks great too your dad did a great job. Love the stories n all your pics, you are an amazing girl of God. May God continue guiding you n blessing you, you are in our prayers. Love ya! Noemi Soto n girls.

    ReplyDelete