Monday, March 28, 2011

January Winter Blast 2011

January Winter Blast was FREEZING COLD!  On Sunday morning the air temp was negative 8 degrees!  I told my kids to get a drink out of the faucet because it was too cold for us to walk to the lodge for breakfast and "don't run around and work up an appetite cuz I ain't feedin ya'll!" (Can you name that movie? lol)

We had nearly 80 campers ages 7-14 and tons of fresh snow for our outdoor activities.  It was a great time to reconnect with campers and meet some new kids.  Our lessons were on Romans 12:2 - renewing our minds with the truth!  Praise God for 4 campers who made decisions to trust Christ!  Enjoy the pics:
Darrius
Playing broomball on the frozen lake!
Makiyah.  a) does fire rock?  b) that's what she thinks my name is?!
Hahahahha - they had a lot of fun with sledding.  And walking up that hill sure wore them out for rest time.
Eliza and Olivia
I love, love, love this picture!  Making new friends at camp!
Jarae, Megan, Lily, Dajae

I got to be a cabin leader for Winter Blast.  It's been 3 years since I got to be in a cabin with the kids.  Now that I work full-time for camp I do a lot more administrative and directive and teaching type things.  It was wonderful to be with a cabin of girls - I loved it!  I might have to make that a Winter Blast tradition!
The Great Klondike Derby - campers work together to complete a series of team building challenges.
All bundled up.  It's funny that you can see Bianca's breath in this picture.  It was so, so cold!
"At Beechpoint you can have fun and friends.  This camp is about friendship and loving.  If I didn't have friends I would come to this camp to have friends and learn about God.  I learned that He loves me." - Nathan, age 11
"The best thing in Beechpoint was making friends and all the fun we had.  This was my first time and it was fantastic and fun.  I hope I'll come here again." - Alfredo, age 12

1 comment:

  1. Those kids are really beautiful. What a neat time you seem to be having with them. Love the pictures. Still praying. I love you Grandma Jan

    ReplyDelete