Friday, November 19, 2010

New After School Clubs!

Each week I get to meet with 6 kids individually to do Partners In Discipleship (PID), camp's year-round follow-up program.  We pray together, go over the Bible lesson they've completed, and spend time talking about their day.  Each PIDer gets to have some 1:1 time with an adult.  While they are waiting for their turn they work on homework and play games together.

My favorite thing about PID is that I see kids getting excited to learn more about the Bible and learning how to study the Word for themselves!
Top: Adam, Leiny, Zoie, Isabella, Alec, and Raquel
Bottom: Idalys, Natalia, Enyaeva, Rosie, and Gabriel

There are now 4 PID clubs going.  This is the newest.  Praise God for their parents' willingness to allow the kids to attend club and coming to pick them up late.
I get to lead this club with 2 of my favorite people: Mr. Angel and Ms. Maxine.  With the 3 of us it is never a dull moment!  Can you tell we are looking down at a little kid taking our picture?  :-)  I am now spending 2 of my afternoons in PID clubs, 2 afternoons meeting with individual kids, and in January I will begin a Good News Bible club in a Chicago Public School with Ms. Maxine.

1 comment:

  1. May God continue to increase the harvest from all the opportunities He is giving you to plant seeds.

    ReplyDelete