Sunday, April 4, 2010

Keep your lips to yourself!

Each year Beechpoint hosts a weekend Purity Retreat focused on God's design for dating, relationships, and sex - a message that challenges the cultural norms of today.  Campers ages 10-18 attend with a parent or mentor, and there are 3 levels of sessions designed to challenge kids (and adults!) to choose purity.  Please join me in prayer for the 95 participants who came to Purity Retreat - that the weekend would remain real to them when they are home and that they would live out the decisions they made.

"This weekend taught my daughter the importance of saving herself for the man God has for her.  I realize the importance of the retreat.  I didn't have this when I was growing up." - mother

All of the kids that I meet with every week were able to attend Purity Retreat!  Jabri, Jabari, Tamyra, Tavaris, and Kenya.  I loved being there with "my" kids!

"When I get home I am going to be more of a gentleman, be more respectful, and be cautious when I choose who to date." - boy, age 13

Dominique roller skating.

"I learned that God loves purity.  After Purity Retreat I am going to change my attitude."

An object lesson on building healthy relationships.

"I learned that people should keep their lips to themselves." - girl, age 10

Andrew came to Purity Retreat with his father - a great opportunity for them to spend some one-on-one time together. 

"This weekend I learned more about my student and the deep things he had been hiding.  He shared about the pain and hurt of missing his father.  God spoke to me this weekend about the need to understand and protect our youth because they are precious to God." - male mentor

The weekend ends with a ceremony where campers can choose to take a vow of purity.  Scroll down and pause the music before hitting play on the video.


Purity Retreat 2010 from Megan Schenk on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. I love the title of this post. :)
    Looks like such a great retreat.

    ReplyDelete