Saturday, July 31, 2010

One Giant Wrestling Match

The summer is the best time for blogging because of the limitless photos and stories.  It's also the most challenging time to blog because of the nonstop schedule.  I am consoling myself with the promise that I will share many summer camp pictures in the fall.  Here are a few quick shots from the past couple of weeks - in no particular order or relevance. :-)
This summer Phillip Turner has been working as a cabin leader at camp.  He's my best friend's brother and from my hometown in Rupert, Idaho.  He's doing a great job engaging his campers and making an impact in their lives.  Every week we have theme chapel.  Cabins win points for the most creative theme.  One week Phillip's cabin only had 3 boys in it.  So he had them be the 3 Blind Mice.  The kids were really hamming it up, wish you were there. :-)
I love, love, love that camp is multicultural!  It's such a healthy experience for our campers.  Here is Jenessa, Christina, and Love.
The 2 boys in the front are friends from my church in Kalamazoo, Preston and Jordan.  With this job I inherited a lot of relationships and community connections and I love the many places I have friends.  I also love all the older kids that I know at camp from previous summers.
Boys Swim Time = Giant Wrestling Match, LOL
Diamond, me, and Tamia.  Haircut Wednesday is always a good time for pictures. :-)  We have one more week of summer camp, can you believe it?!  Pray for our summer staff to finish strong and for great spiritual impact in our last set of campers.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures Megan! Looks like the boy's may have enjoyed the HUGE wrestling match more than they should have!! Even before I read your caption under the Three Blind Mice picture, that's exactly who I thought they were portraying. So glad to hear things are going well & can't believe you only have one more week of campers.....my how time flies!

    We love you & pray for you & your campers!

    Mike & Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,
    It is always so fun to see your photos and hear (read) about all you are doing. What a wonderful, fun time you all make camp for the kids who join you there. Now you are finished for another summer, can you believe it? Wow, we cannot believe that one month from today, Laura will also be finished with another summer and on her way to another adventure.
    Will look forward to what you have to say next.

    ReplyDelete