Saturday, July 10, 2010

Mustache Tuesday

Every week we have mustache Tuesday where one cabin wins for the most creative mustaches. Phillip Turner creating a mustache for Julian.
Me with Diamond.
A mustache made out of AirHeads.
Each camper gets their picture taken for the end of the week thank you letters.  Last week I didn't get the pictures taken before mustache Tuesday.  We print the letters in black and white so you can't tell that this mustache is purple marker.  So Cameron's sponsor is going to wonder why this 8 year old boy has a grown man's mustache. :-)

Here are a couple of quotes from this week's thank you letters:
"My cabin is called Fiery Furnace and my cabin leaders are Philip, Zack, and Dan.  These guys are the nicest guys I ever met in my life." - Mark, age 13

"I had a wonderful time doing everything.  And finally I have something to say, drum roll please ... Ba bababa ba ba ba boom, I GOT SAVED!" - Kiyah, age 10
"Zip line was FF: fast and fun.  And the petting farm was fluffy.  And cookout was yummy." - Emilio, age 10

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Megan, You sure seem to keep busy. I love what you are doing with those kids and know how patient you are with them. You get along well with them, they trust you. So proud of you. I love you, Grandma Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Megan! Love reading your blog posts! You must be nearing the end of the camp season. I think it is hilarious that someone will be receiving a letter with a 'stache pic. You might want to add a small explanatory note...Or not. :) Luv ya! Robert and Lisa and the kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Megan,
    I want to see ALL of the mustache pictures. :) Too clever! I'm sure lots of thought and imagination went in to everyone of them.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete