Sunday, August 17, 2008

End of Summer 2008

Okay, so as we all know by now . . . I'm not very good at blogging! Don't write me off yet, though - I am determined to become more consistent!
This summer finished up GREAT! God is so good and faithful to teach me so much! We had almost 800 campers this summer! 90 kids made first-time decsions to trust Christ and 65 made recommitments! I'm so priveleged to be a part of this seed-planting at Beechpoint!

Here are some pictures from the past couple of weeks:
This is Me and Jabri - you might recognize her from my prayer card. I've known Jabri for 4 years now! She attends a church that I will be connecting with Chicago and God has already used her family to be a blessing to me! I'm excited to continue to get to know then through their church. I will be mentoring Jabri in our Partners in Discipleship program. This means I will meet with her once a week throughout the year. Together we will complete a Bible study developed by camp to grow kids in their walk with Christ.
This is my friend Tara. We met at camp last summer when she came to be a volunteer. Tara worked at camp for 10 years! Tara also attends the church that I go to while I am at camp. It's been so wonderful to know someone at church (cuz you all know how I need hugs!) and to have yet another connection here! Even though I won't see her a lot through the year, her friendship stands as a reminder that God is faithful and He will develop a support system for me here.
One of the favorite free time activities at camp . . .
This is Daveonce. BIG personality. He taught me all the words to "Never Could Have Made It".




This picture is funny to me! This is Franesha . . . she mostly likes fishing! I love that she has her fist balled up to hit this fish! Ha! It actually is a little dangerous to be an animal at camp. Last summer one of my kids slapped the cow because "he was lookin' at me".

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Megan, It doesnot seem like summer is getting over. Time flies as they say. Wonderful work you are doing. The kids really need a lot of mentoring and love. God really knows what he is doing. He picked you to help. I do share your blog with my friend Elli. Will be praying for you. I love you, Grandma Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that story that the cow was 'lookin' at the kid, i can totally picture it but don't know how i've never heard that story before :) I think your start to full time staff was great this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want you to know that i am so proud of you and the work you are doing for God. I love you

    ReplyDelete