Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"Go, therefore, into all the world . . ."

I have now been commissioned as a missionary by the both the church I grew up in and my college church in Boise. Both churches have shown a tremendous amount of support and affection as I make this transition. My ministry is an overflow of the ministries of these churches - and the lives I touch at camp are a direct result of the ways that people in both churches have touched my life.

Wayne, Alice, Megan, Laura, Pastor John, Linda

Here is a picture from my commissioning at Paul Baptist Church in Rupert last month. Laura was commissioned that Sunday as well. She is in Africa with Mercy Ships - a mission organization that spreads the gospel and provides medical services to those in dire need. Check out her amazing blog at http://lziulkowski.blogspot.com/ Laura and I grew up doing ministry together and dreaming about being missionaries. It's cool to me that this is happening for both of us at the same time!

This is my commissioning at St. Paul Baptist last Sunday. I have been at this church for the past 5 years and will really miss the relationships that I have there.


Sydney and Isabella at my farewell party in Boise. Sydney, age 7, said she thinks it is rude to have a party because I am leaving. She thinks it's sad I'm going and she doesn't really know why we would want to have a party about that. Funny.

1 comment:

  1. well hello darling... that little girl sydney sure does have big toofesses! you should warn her against that fake smile... big nono. hehe the farm game. wowee thats just funny that i know what it is. remindin me of the good ole days at the farm!

    ahahaha... i do crack myself up. but to quote you, i am a joke! Grrr!
    well anyways i think you can con a snowconeman into giving you free samples if you try hard enough. say you are a govt worker testing the ice matter and you need flavors

    byee!

    ReplyDelete