Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It's The Little Things

I've been making a written list of the things I love:
* brand new notebooks, full of empty pages
* Easter Sunday baptisms
* being useful
* making lists
* an empty sink cuz all the dishes are clean
* good night texts

One of my very favorite things is having children in my home.  I love the laughter and chatter of children playing.  I love the little things like finding one lone army man on the windowsill behind my curtains the next day, left over from Tavontay's army fight.  And the etch-a-sketch that's sitting in the toy box with a building still drawn on it by a very focused Jakarri.  And the drawing Jireh put up on the fridge.

My affection towards these things works out well, since there are lots of times when children come over.  I love that my role at Camp Beechpoint is centered around discipleship.  And I truly believe that life-on-life discipleship is the way God intended it.  Look at the ministry of Jesus - the disciples were a part of his everyday real life!  The very most influential people in my life are people who let me be a genuine part of theirs!
Myree learning how to stuff manicotti and grill chicken.  (Big shout out to Miss LaVerna, Miss Shari, and Ilise for making this picture possible! :-)
This is probably most definitely an obnoxious amount of pictures, lol.  The kids have been over during their Spring Breaks - we had a good time. :-)  Tavaris, Tamyra, Antwon, Tavontay, Mr. Derrick, and Nakeisha came over for the afternoon.
Tavontay, age 8, playin with the potato people.
Tavaris, age 12, playin with the light bright and perler beads.  This light bright takes the most unusual battery size ever, so there's a good chance it will never light up.
Tamyra, age 10, showing off her pretty Easter eggs.
Antwon, age 7, dying Easter eggs.
Joshua and Christopher came over so Miss Jessica could take their pictures.  Betcha can't guess which one enjoyed that more?!  Lol
Christopher, Joshua, and Ziya Angeline - Miss Jessica is amazing!
I kept the JAYs and Jaylon over Spring Break and we had a blast together!  We had free passes to the Brookfield Zoo, which was a blast!
Jabri said she was being sad because the penguin was sad.  I guess he does kinda look sad, lol.  Me and Jabri are going to be friends FOREVER!  I just know it.
Jabri also has this thing for snakes.  I don't get it.  At all.  But I am willing to pretend like I am okay with her affection towards snakes since we are at the zoo - where they can't get out.
Jabari and I.  We had time to kill while Jabri was lookin at the snakes. :-)  Also, my eyes are clearly green.  I mean, they can't be brown like Jabari's are, right?!?!  Come on now, people!  Jabari willingly carried out backpack for the entire time that we were at the zoo.  I love the young man he is becoming!
Jaylon with the gorilla.
Jabri and Jireh kissin the frog to see if it turns into a prince. :-)  Demetrius said she wasn't convinced by Jireh's picture, that Jireh was kissin it like she didn't really care: "You can turn into a prince if you want to." Lol.  (Side note:  This may be the last time I get to braid Jireh's hair into barrettes.  She told her mom that "I don't think these barrettes were a practical choice because they keep click clackin."  I mean, they ARE loud.  But cute!)
Jireh, age 5
Jabari, age 14
Jabri, age 13
Jaylon, age 9
In other news, we went to Ed Debevics downtown - an old school diner where everyone is supposed to be rude.  Jabari has been wanting to go here with me for like 2 years.  It was fun!  Jabari said he has figured out where he wants to get his first job at.  Working here would not be a good idea for me!  Lord know I have enough trouble with my tongue as is - practicing saying things I shouldn't say for 8 hours a day sounds like a bad idea!
We taught Jaylon how to play Settlers.  He was the quickest learner ever!
Jireh came up with her own fun.  I think she spent almost an hour playing under my table.  Remind me why we buy them toys again?!  Both of these pictures are so endearing to me!
Jabari built this and then he took the picture making it look like he was smashing it.  I love his creativity!
We all went to Jaylon's baseball game.  I love, love, love this picture because of how sugar-sweet Jaylon looks.  Makes me just wanna kiss those cheeks!

1 comment: