Friday, May 6, 2011

Blindfolds+Egg Hunts=Entertainment

In the past few months God has connected me with Examples Ministries, an organization that desires to equip families to grow, model, and invest their faith.  I love the heart and mission of this organization, because I think it echos God's heart.  It's God's divine order that parents raise up their children to love and follow Him.  It's also God's desire that we support each other on this faith journey! 

Every other Friday night Examples hosts a mom's group called A Mother's Heart that provides an opportunity for moms to connect with other moms and hear relevant, Biblical teaching on parenting.  I provide transportation for my friend Nakeisha and her children to attend the group.  While the mom's are meeting, I get to minister to their children.  I love the fruit from A Mother's Heart, because the more a parent's heart is submitted to God, the greater access God has to that child.  God's design is for parents to reveal God's love and grace to their children and to intentially establish faith in their home!
I'm also thankful for the new friends I've made by ministering with the Examples team.  Deanna co-directs Examples with her husband, Eddie, and leads the teaching and discussion at A Mother's Heart.  We don't have any pictures together (yet), so I stole this picture of Deanna with her son Quad from her facebook page.  :-)  It never ceases to amaze me the many ways that God brings people into my life.  I am thankful for you, Deanna!

A Mother's Heart hosted an Easter Egg Hunt for all of the families this year.  It was a great day to be together!  We did the bounce house and barbecue gig - always a winner. :-)  Especially since I let it be known ahead of time that I should not be the one to work the grill.  (riiiiight, Miss LaVerna?!  lol)
Our smaller children hunting eggs.
Marianna in the bounce house!
Since Nakeisha comes to A Mother's Heart, that means an extra day I get to spend time with Tavaris, Tavontay, and Tamyra!  They LOVED this bounce house.  Tavontay has like a hundred of those little wrestling men, so I'm sure that's what he was thinking about up in there.
Quad enjoying the bubbles.  I love that he is in his socks in this picture. :-)
Jayla blowing bubbles.
So, we decided that the mom's should get in on the fun of hunting for eggs as well.  Deanna had some fun prizes for them and got everyone excited to be involved ... then she told them that they would be doing the hunt blindfolded!  We spread the eggs out in one big pile, just like for the small kids, and the moms felt around for them.  It was hysterical! 
The tricky part was knowing where to bend down.  Since they were plastic eggs they kinda just moved out of the way if you shuffled your feet.  Again: HILARIOUS!  I love this picture of Marcia!
T.J. and Isaiah
"Dear Lord, please let my children have dimples.  Amen!"
Jayla, Heaven, and Tamyra waiting while their eggs were being hidden.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad God brought you in our (my immediate and extended family's) lives. You are so special to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda ZiulkowskiMay 07, 2011 3:48 PM

    Megan,
    We always love reading how God continues to answer our prayers for the multiplication of your effectiveness in ministry! You are a blessing in any venue. And the egg hunt is a riot with blindfolded moms. Somehow I think a few of your mom's imaginative game traits have been osmosed to you.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete