Thursday, April 7, 2011

Things that make me chuckle!

Life is better when you chuckle.  I'm convinced of it.
So the other day I noticed a sign around the city.  When you're driving you can see this picture.  And a big, red "WARNING" ... but driving by you can't read the text.  So I'm driving down the street wondering what warning involves a man walking a dog being followed by rats?  "Walk fast so the rats won't eat your dog?"  I mean, I feel like any warning involving rats is just not really going to work for me.  So of course I had stop sometime to get a closer look:
Turns out that's the warning.  Turns out I really care if my neighbors pick up after their dogs.  I saw a rat the other day that I thought was a cat.  My kids thought it was hilarious that they had to correct me about this.  I have never in my life thought rats are hilarious.
Many of my kids eat hot sauce quite liberally.  On chips.  On pizza.  On all pasta.  On eggs.  On garlic bread.  So I bought this bottle of hot sauce for my house.  I had to call a friend to find out what brand.  I figured a 6 oz bottle would last for quite a while since I don't eat it and the bottle says "one drop does it."  The kids were making fun of me, talking about "we've never even seen such a little bottle of hot sauce."  And they have clearly never read the part about one drop, it is amazing to me how much hot sauce they enjoy!  And apparently you aren't supposed to store hot sauce in the fridge.  The kids said it loses its hot if it gets cold, lol.
So ... for Tavaris' 13th birthday I bought him a gallon of hot sauce.  :-) 
It's finally sorta warming up, so Mr. Percy is back outside.  Although with this coat (and those baby blue gloves) I think he coulda been out sooner!  Hopefully this means there will be more Mr. Percy coming soon!
My friend Rachel has an excellent blog where she posted the pictures of this bag of chips she found on her walk home from the train.  She says she loves everything about this: "stay in school" and "Bar-b-quin' with my HONEY". 
And "the official snack of hip hop".  Surely this is worth a chuckle!

No comments:

Post a Comment