Wednesday, March 17, 2010

More Winter Blasting

The second session of Winter Blast was great!  We had the perfect weekend for winter camping.  Which you wouldn't really think exists, but with almost 80 great kids, packable snow, and temps in the 40s we had a blast!  Enjoy the pics!
This is my friend Nakeisha's son, Tavaris.  He is every bit as sweet as he is cute.  When I took this picture I told him that I was going to show it to his mom and she was going to be upset because he doesn't have on his hat and gloves.  (I was right.)  People here are constantly fussing at me for not having on a "respectable coat" and my hat and gloves.  Little do they know that the fact I've given up my flip flops for the winter is a recent advacement!
The Great Klondike Derby.  Teams pull a dogsled along a trail in the woods and do team building activities at stations throughout the race.
Autumn, me, and Jalayah
So... what do you do when your boots get all wet?!
There are a lot of great sledding pictures.  Nakeisha's other son, Tavontay, is in the back.  I'm not all the way sure she's going to let me take them to Winter Camp again since he's not wearing his hat either.  But he is sure having fun!
This is me being unsure about sledding.  It's a surprisingly big hill - and I doubt very much that Autumn knows how to steer any more than I do.  But I had to go, cuz, well.... camp is for the campers.  And Miss Jessica made me.  Not to worry - we didn't crash.

My friend Elizabeth and our new friend Jamar.
Ivelisse and Jalayah at the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment